Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chosen

Chosen. It’s a most beautiful thing to be chosen to carry life- one of the most beautiful things in the world. It’s mysterious, special, and beautiful. It has so many “little” blessings- times of bonding with your new little one. And, it’s down right incredible- the way a baby is formed from sperm and an egg, and over the course of 10 months, grows into a perfect, full-grown baby. Emotionally, it does glorious things to a woman- pregnant women have a natural glow about them….they have lots of extra love as they prepare to embrace a new baby…they’re cherishing a special secret, waiting for God’s appointed time to unfold. It’s so special to see all the physical changes- watching your belly grow, feeling the kicks, eventually seeing your whole belly move with each kick/movement. And all the while, preparing to meet your little one face-to-face. I love carrying life- and I’m so grateful God chose me to carry Viviana. The journey of being her mother- from conception through now, and I know, into the years to come- has been absolutely incredible, and filled with much joy. I’m so blessed!

And now, God’s chosen me to carry life again. He chose me to mother another child, and planted him/her within my womb. I’m carrying a secret….and it makes me smile.

I feel like I’ve been handed a gift, and keep peeling back layers and layers and layers of blessings attached to it. So many things that I’ve dreamed about experiencing someday, are slowly revealing themselves to me as reality. Like realizing I’ll get to feel the baby kick in my womb….feel the pressure of a baby moving down low, in preparation for labor….I’ll get to give birth again (!!!!)….watching my belly grow (and, yes, even wearing cute maternity clothes)…. I don’t deserve the blessings God’s showered on us….but I’m so grateful!

(excerpt from baby #2’s first journal entry…)

God planted you in my heart even before I conceived you. For a couple months, God’s put dreams of you and longings for you in my heart- and now He’s fulfilled those with you. I’m so, so thankful- I’ve spent all day thanking God for you….praying blessings for you….praying that you’ll be healthy.

You’re welcomed into a family full of love. I’m so excited to be pregnant again- looking forward to experiencing all the bonding things with you I did with Vivi- hearing your heartbeat, feeling you move, birthing you. And I can’t wait to meet you- to hold your beautiful body in my arms, and lock gazes. I love you!

For the non-sentimental details, my due date is about October 24th, which puts me at just over 4 weeks now. I feel fabulous- hungry all the time, and need to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I’m focusing majorly on my health, and have been for a little while (tons of water, consistency with multi vitamin, and plenty of protein/healthy fats), in hopes of maintaining my health, perhaps not falling as far as I did with Vivi into morning sickness, and being able to nourish Vivi (keeping up my milk supply) and the new baby in the ways they need.

Side note: Ben is very, very excited, too! We’ve had lots of fun dreaming, planning, and hoping together. And I feel so richly blessed to have a husband who loves children so much that he’s already taken this one into his heart!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! =D I'm so excited for you two!
    TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! You are like having Irish Twins almost. I know you guys are great parents, this little one is going to be so blessed to have you guys.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so happy for you! And so jealous :o) Congrats my dear friend...we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Brianna, Ben, and your families! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Brianna!
    Hopefully we'll be bumping into each other again at the flea market this year, I always enjoyed that. Have a lovely Thursday!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a beautiful journal entry you wrote for baby #2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! @Samantha....thanks- I enjoy journaling to our babies. We'll see if I can keep it up in the years to come- the biggest thing is remembering to make the time!
    @Bonnie- yes, I enjoyed that too! I've been dreaming about the flea market days lately...it'll be so nice to get a bountiful supply of cheap, local produce! By the way, I enjoyed browsing on your blog- I hadn't seen it before... :-)

    ReplyDelete